Germany as a location for study and researchEnlarge image Mr. Richard Taylor, PhD, participant of the study trip "Germany as a location for study and research" (© Embassy)
Germany has a long history of excellent scientist and innovative entrepreneurs. And its over 450 universities offer world class education!
To learn more about the expertise of Germany in the field of study and research Mr. Richard Taylor, Lecturer in Inorganic Materials Chemistry at the University of the West Indies, was choosen to participate at this week-long trip to Germany, organised by the German government. The programmes' focus will be on top-level research and therefore, next to a visit to the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (to learn more about the "Research in Germany Initiative"), will include visits to
- the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (German Research Foundation),
- the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation,
- German Academic Exchange Service,
- Max Planck Research School,
- Gottfried-Wilhelm-Leibniz-Gesellschaft in Hanover and
- the Leibniz Association in Berlin
Visits to the Fraunhofer and Jenoptik will serve as examples of research in cooperation with the German economy.