Alumniportal DeutschlandEnlarge image Alumniportal Deutschland - Logo (© Alumniportal Deutschland)
Alumniportal Deutschland is an editorially supported social online network, which sees itself as a service for all Germany-alumni as well as for companies, networks, organizations and institutes of higher education. A unique combination of topical and emotional services with a connection to Germany and an online community opens entirely new opportunities for maintaining contacts and networks. Career opportunities, language services and both on- and offline events complement the online community.
„Germany-alumni“ are people from all over the world who have studied, researched, worked or completed a course of advanced training in Germany. We also welcome those who have attended programmes of training or advanced training abroad with the support of a German organization. Alumniportal supports your efforts to secure, expand and apply the skills and qualifications you have obtained. It also promotes the establishment of international networks among interesting protagonists from the fields of economy, society, culture, science and research.
Furthermore, Alumniportal Deutschland enables companies, networks, organizations and institutes of higher education to publicize their own services and to profit from the unique expertise of Germany-alumni.
The portal is financed by several federal German ministries and is a joint project of Alexander von Humboldt-Foundation (AvH), the Centre for International Migration and Development (CIM), German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and Goethe-Institut, under the overall direction of Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ).
On Alumniportal Deutschland, Germany-alumni can
- Keep in touch with Germany
- Establish new contacts and maintain existing ones
- Take part in topical discussions, contribute their knowledge and ideas and profit by the experience of others
- Establish contacts with organizations and companies
- Find job vacancies and assignments and present themselves in a professional profile
- Get information from funding organizations
- Practice their German language skills
- Research events and advanced training programmes
- Stay informed on current issues
Companies and organizations can:
- Find qualified employees, experts and contact pers
- Publish assignments and job vacancies or view professional profiles
- Promote events
Institutes of higher education and foundations can:
- Recover their alumni
- Maintain contact with their international alumni
- Present themselves and their alumni networks
- Promote their degree and scholarship programmes
- Simply register and join the community. Registration is free of charge.